Monday, July 6, 2009

Still awaiting confirmation of our travel date

Kaz still has not confirmed our travel date because of vacations. In the meantime, we are busy running around, picking up items and getting the room ready. Our agency told us that we would be arriving in Astana before going to Petro. Another couple from New Brunswick is currently there, so we are hoping that we will be able to meet up with them. We'll post again once we hear the official travel date.

Sunday, June 28, 2009

Where we are going!




Map of Kazakhstan. Petropavlovsk is located at the border with Russia. If you're interested in seeying pictures of the city, check out the following website: http://aboutkazakhstan.com/Petropavlovsk_city.shtml

Friday, June 26, 2009

Tentative travel date: July 20th!

Our agency just called to let us know that it looks like our travel date could be as early as July 20th...only 3 weeks away!!! Panic and excitement have begun to sink in!!! There is so much to do....but no complaints! We'll be taking this one step at a time. I've begun my famous lists ;))...which I'm sure that Sven will appreciate as we run all around town picking stuff up and getting organized.

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

WE RECEIVED THE CALL!!!

Still a bit in shock...but our agency called us today to let us know that we had received our LOI! They should know our travel dates by Friday or Monday. It's starting to sink in.... this is finally happening!!! Kaz here we come!!!!!!!!!!!

Monday, May 25, 2009

Hopeful

We received news today that our file may "hopefully" be in line to receive a LOI once two families currently in Petropavlovsk finalize their adoptions. We are keeping our fingers crossed. We have also been asked to complete the second update of our file. The month of May marks year two in our adoption journey....and September will mark our one year wait since being registered in the region. We therefore remain "hopeful" as always that the wait is soon coming to an end and that a LOI is around the corner.

Monday, March 30, 2009

A clarification in our application

It's been quite a while since we've posted any information since, quite frankly, there was nothing much to report. It appears that Kazakhstan has been receiving numerous applications from around the world. Our application is one of them! Processing times have slowed down due to the number of files in country. We are now entering our 8 month wait since our dossier has been registered in Petropavlovsk and have done a bit of soul searching since then. We've decided to change the wording in our application to make it clear that we would be willing to adopt a child under the age of 4 (in according with our provincial approval letter). Hopefully this will open the door. Yannik is now 5 and we would prefer it if our children could be closer in age. We're open to parenting a slightly older child who needs a family. It will have its challenges, but we're looking forward to the possibility of welcoming this child in our family. As we stated in our first post... this is a journey and part of the challenge is not exactly knowing what route to take take or where we will end up...but trusting that it will all work out!

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

A good news day!!

Our agency just notified that we are officially registered in Petropavlovsk...Yahoo!!! The Consulate also confirmed that it has forwarded our letter to Kazakhstan... so, all in all, quite a good news day! Now begins the wait for our LOI. The agency's in-country coordinator hasn't provided a time frame for Petropavlovks.. but has just indicated that it always takes longer for a child under 18 months. So, here is hoping for some more good news and a speedy LOI.