Monday, November 23, 2009

Sleepless in Astana

It's now 4 AM. The three of us have not been able to sleep a wink. Yannik is chattering away...Sven is listening to music and I'm reading Pride and Prejudice. A real party in the Altyn Dala Hotel. I think that sleeping in till almost 2 pm yesterday may, in retrospect, have not been the best idea. Jet lag is alot worse than last time. We're full of energy and hungry :)) I have to admit to being pretty nervous as well in light of our last experience. I keep thinking of our visit to the orphanage and just praying that everything works out for the best this time around.

Until then, I guess Yannik and I will watch a bit of Caillou and hope that he can somehow lull us to sleep....but by then, we'll have to get up and get ready. Our flight leaves at 9:20 and our drive is picking us up at 7:30.

Goodnight everyone, Zzzzzzzz.

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Glad you are a step closer to meeting your little one, cannot wait for your next post

Baby Kaz Moore said...

Sending you best wishes from Austin, Texas! I hope you'll be in babyroom number 2. The women there are sooooo nice. Best, Susan

Unknown said...

We are thinking of you. Hoping all is going very differently this time. Lynne, Philippe, Gabriel and Aisaule