Sunday, December 27, 2009

Adeste Fideles!




Today, we joined the Lajoys for an afternoon stroll on the other side of Constitution avenue which we had yet to visit. I had the opportunity to investigate parts of it this summer. There was an old church that I was curious to see... Perhaps my confidence was boosted by our number, I said, let's go in.... It turned out to be a Roman Catholic Church. What a lovely experience. Two nuns were there along with 3 parishionners. We didn't know if we had stumbled into a service or not....One of the nuns smiled at us and began playing the organ and singing traditional catholic hymns. I told Cindy...it's my Christmas....it finally feels like Christmas! I remember my grandparents singing Adeste Fideles and it's always been one of my favorites....Gave me a chance to pause a bit after all the stress and simply say "Thank you".

No comments: